Length: 36 lessons // Price: from 99 EUR/USD
Practical life exercises are a very important foundation for the development of the child. The child observes everything that we do as adults in the environment and gains knowledge through the real experience of how to accomplish life skills in a purposeful way. These skills, when taught early in life, allow children to believe in themselves, give them a sense of being and belonging and develop self-discipline needed for success throughout their lives.
The practical life activities are usually divided into four areas:
- caring for the self (getting dressed, undressed, washing up, brushing teeth or hair…),
- caring for the environment (cleaning, mopping, polishing, care for plants or animals…),
- movement of objects (pouring, movement activities, art activities…) and
- grace & courtesy (greeting, apologizing, accepting an apology, offering help, …).
"Child seeks for independence by means of work, an independence of body and mind."
Suitable age: 1,5 - 6
In these videos we will guide you through activities which will help children to develop concentration and inner sense for order, fine and gross motor skills and independence in everyday life.
Practical life exercises allow your child to practice everyday tasks, so he can become a useful member of the family and later of the society.
- In these video lessons you will find examples of pouring, sweeping, screwing, polishing, setting the table, folding of napkins, doing up buttons and zippers but we will also talk about cooking, work in the kitchen or basic lessons of grace and courtesy.
Inspirational videos with tips for "do it yourself" didactic materials are part of this module.