Length: 9 lessons // Price: from 89 EUR
The Montessori approach to education and children isn’t only about didactic materials. It stands on very fundamental concepts which help us to understand what goes on in our child's mind and how to help him in his development.
In this module we will go through all the essentials which are necessary to start with. We think it is the most important part which will enable you to understand the whole Montessori concept. It is the foundation on which other modules are built. We do not recommend buying any other module without having these basics.
"Free the child's potential and you will transform him into the world."
Suitable age: 0-6
- First of all, we start with who was Maria Montessori. We will go through notable events in her life and her activities in general.
- In the following videos, we will engage in the concepts of her research. We will go through the four planes of child’s development which will allow us to see differences in the approach to kids at ages 0-6, 6-12, 12-18 and 18-24.
- We will talk about the prepared environment which can support the child in his independence; both at home and in the school.
- And because Montessori built her entire method on observing children, we will address the actual observation and roles of an adult in one video.
- Very key concepts for ages 0-6 are absorbing mind and sensitive periods, and that’s exactly why these topics will have their own videos as well.
- Lastly, we won’t forget the idea of concentration or discipline and we will finish the module by talking about rewards and punishments and their difference to natural consequences.