Learning how to use a toilet can be an intimidating and a stressful task for both parents and the child.
Join us to make the toilet learning process a successful, natural, stress-free and positive experience leading your toddler towards independence and confidence.
Are you just about to start the toileting journey?
Already started but encountered problems along the way?
Need encouragement and assurance you are doing it right?
Toilet learning made easy
Toilet learning is often regarded as stressful for first-time parents and something many of us worry about in advance. Truth is, it doesn't need to be that way. Toilet learning can be pretty straightforward with the right guidance and support.
Learn about toilet learning the Montessori way
The Montessori way of toilet learning helps a child build self-confidence and a positive body image. Children learn how to pay attention to their bodies and become independent and confident in their abilities.
In this detailed, 4-hour course, we will guide you through the toileting process from the very beginning - birth (yes, toilet learning starts that early!). You will learn how to prepare the child, yourself and the environment for the toileting journey. You will discover helpful communication tools to foster cooperation with your child and you will have all the knowledge needed for any setbacks or accidents. We will also walk you through the toileting process itself - how to tell when the child is ready, daily routine, things to avoid and lots of practical tips for success.
The course consists of 13 lessons which cover everything you need to know about toilet learning the Montessori way. As a bonus lesson, we have prepared a presentation about Elimination Communication.
“We don't train children to use the toilet.
We support them when they are ready.”
The course in detail
1. Using Montessori Concepts to Support Toileting25 minutes
2. Starting at different ages9 minutes
3. How do I know when to start?5 minutes
4. Prepared environment for toileting12 minutes
5. Clothing38 minutes
6. The Adult’s Role7 minutes
7. Daily Routine22 minutes
8. Areas of Independence13 minutes
9. Language to use around toileting14 minutes
10. Accidents – part of learning5 minutes
11. Regression10 minutes
12. Things to avoid24 minutes
13. Sleep24 minutes
BONUS LESSON: Elimination Communication30 minutes
We will discuss the following topics and more:
- The differences and similarities between toileting the Montessori way and other methods of toilet learning
- Is there a best age to start? The advantages and disadvantages of starting at birth, before two years old, after two years old and after three years old
- How do you know when to start? The signs of readiness - physical, psychological and cultural
- Prepare the environment for success. What are the must-have items? How to present and demonstrate the equipment to the child?
- All about clothing including tips how to foster independence in self-care and dressing oneself
- What is the adult's role? Why is modeling so important and how to do it correctly? How to manage yourself and your expectations?
- How to adjust your daily routine to toileting? How to communicate changes to the child and how to stay consistent?
- How to support your child's independence in all areas - body awareness and control, hygiene and dressing
- How to be mindful of the language used and practical guide
- How to keep your cool when accidents happen and help child learn by natural consequences
- How to navigate the regression period (period of learning process with increased accidents) including growth spurts, loss of interest, birth of younger sibling, vacation, visiting family and other changes and disruptions to daily routine
- What to avoid? How to successfully navigate accidents without making your child feel shamed or scolded? How to approach rewards and praise?
- Sleep and toilet learning? When is the time for night learning and sleeping diaper-free during naps? How to best prepare the environment and how to manage accidents?
- What is Elimination Communication? Practical guide to the method and its application from birth.
What are the benefits of this course?
4 hours of content
Elimination Communication as a bonus
Self-paced and fully online
Certificate of completion
Would you like to learn more?
Early Bird price offer
Available until July 17th, 2022
€44 EUR / $49 USD
Instead of €62 EUR / $69 USD from July 18th, 2022
Toilet Learning the Montessori Way
Self-Paced Online Video Course
- Everything you need to know about toilet learning the Montessori way
- 13 lessons
- 4 hours of content
- Fully online and self-paced
- Unlimited lifetime access
Bonuses for you
- Certificate of completion upon request
- Elimination Communication, its benefits and how to apply it from birth